Like Toxic Tessie? Then Check out the art of Ryan Williamson at Pixel Hate Design.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Greetings, Amanda of Popcorn!

Today's topic for blogging over at the Royal Toybox, our fearless leader for the BufBloPoFo, is this:

BufBloPoFo 09 Topic for Day 8

Alright, enough of this lazy stuff, time to get those creative juices flowing. Take a look to the right over there and you’ll see a list of the “BufBloPoFo 09 Participants”. It’s pretty, isn’t it?!? Look at them all! Okay, now find whichever blog is below yours and talk about that dude. If you know them, tell us how you met. If you don’t know them, talk about something you read on their site. Whichever it is, end your post by asking that person a question. (That last part maaaaaaay be important later on...)


So, the person whose blog is below mine is Amanda, and her blog is Popcorn.   I've never met Amanda, I don't think, but upon reading back through her blog posts, I think we actually have a lot in common.  I know Mike (of the Royal Toybox, the great bringer-together of Buffalo Bloggers) through my husband, who is the Buffalonian of the two of us.  (I actually grew up in the Southern Tier of Western New York, but I grew up a Bills Fan, so that makes me somewhat Buffalonian, right?)  I married into Buffalo, and as such, have met lots of wonderful Buffalonians. I'm not sure, in all of the Buffalonian get-togethers I have attended, that I have ever met Amanda of Popcorn ... if I have, Amanda, forgive me, as my memory is not so great unless it's for random movie quotes or stories from my childhood.  But I noticed that one of your BufBloPoFo posts was about how you forget things, so I think we understand each other on that.  I also noticed that your three top things are totally in line with mine right now - though I ended up blogging about cartoons last Saturday because my attention span is so OOH LOOK!  A butterfly! and therefore so are my blog posts.  

I am supposed to ask you a question (Mike hinted at its future importance that we ask our blog-buddy a question) but I'm going to ask you TWO because I am an overachiever, and I'm a Gemini so I can never do any one thing thanks to my dual nature.  (For example - ask me what my favorite color is and I will tell you red - and green.)

Question 1:  If you were hosting a dinner party and could invite 5 celebrities or people of note, who would you invite, and what would be on the menu? And what do you think the conversation would go like?  (You can use a time machine, if that helps.)

and

Question 2:  Have you ever tried making popcorn with peanut oil instead of vegetable or olive oil?  If not, try it - it makes the popcorn all the more delicious.  My aunt introduced me to it - I started making my popcorn that way and I haven't gone back.

Nice to meet you, Amanda of Popcorn!  Hope you have a great day!

No comments: