Like Toxic Tessie? Then Check out the art of Ryan Williamson at Pixel Hate Design.

Friday, April 25, 2008

An Ode to Allergies

Oh Flowering Tree
Your sweet scent drifts on breezes
Through my bedroom window
And I wheeze
My eyes burning from your touch
Your delicate blossoms, soft as silk
Attack my sinuses with barbarian fury
Holding my breathing prisoner
In your hystamine war.
Dainty, white flowers, dancing in wind,
Sighing in sunshine
As pressure builds in my sinuses
Teeth throbbing,
Eyes watering,
Your beauty is my pain
Your scent, my torment
Your pollen, my enemy.
Laugh, blossoms,
Laugh in the sun, in the breeze,
In the spring air,
But you will fall with summer
And I shall be victorious,
Until the humidity arrives,
And the battle of comfort begins anew.

2 comments:

Oracle said...

Marcy, you are such a delicate and poignant poet. Please write more... I eagerly await your ode to mold and ragweed! You ROCK!
-Shelly

Rachael said...

I just stumbled on your page I LOVE you poem!! I feel your pain!

www.lifeandtimesofacrazyhouse.blogspot.com