1. The Burning Times by Jeanne Kalogridis - a story about tolerance and love set during the black plague, the Inquisition, and involving the Knights Templar.
2. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho - A fable that tells the journey of a young man, but really, the journey is yours.
3. Biting The Sun by Tanith Lee - a dear friend recommended this book to me - it's her favorite book and it is now one of mine too. A fantastic futuristic funky story about having everything you could ever want but finding true happiness in your own mind and heart. And the writing style is incredible.
4. If Chins Could Kill - Confessions of a B Movie Actor by Bruce Campbell - Bruce is so funny, and his view of his journey into Hollywood is refreshing. He's a guy who loves what he does and it's very evident when you read his story. It's also a really fantastic point of view on filmmaking for anyone who wants to get into the industry and do things their own way.
Other things I would recommend:
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Eating lots of cake
- All-Inclusive Vacations
- Young's Double Chocolate Stout
- Wearing your seatbelt
- Donating to animal shelters (food, old towels, funds - anything!)
- Honey Mead (not just for Ren Faires anymore!)
- Yoga, or at the very least, stretching every day
- Buy fun shoes. At least two pairs.
- Meditate for at least 15 minutes every day
- Save Money
And last but not least: