Like Toxic Tessie? Then Check out the art of Ryan Williamson at Pixel Hate Design.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Blog Boot Camp


Like my husband over at The Daily Blurb, I too am participating in the BufBloPoFo.  This will be a challenge for me as I am a very sporadic blogger.  I'm the same way with keeping a journal or remembering to write birthday cards.  But I am all in on this one and I'm going to do my darndest to blog every day and follow the BufBloPoFo rules.  And I'm going to make an attempt to not just post what I ate for dinner each day and what I watched on TV, though those are usually the highlights of my day.

Today I am besieged by snot.  I woke up with the flu in full effect.   I had big plans for today - helping some friends move into their new house, maybe going to the movies to see The Other Boleyn Girl which I actually just finished reading yesterday. (Good book!)  But no, instead I am on the couch in my comfy bathrobe with a pile of Kleenexes and a vat of Vicks Vapo Rub. I've mustered all my reserve strength just to write this dazzling blog post, and after this I will probably doze off while watching HGTV or Ninja Turtles or The Batman.  

I also threw my neck out this week taking an impromptu step aerobics class, and I'm still recovering from that quite literal pain in the neck.  I don't know why I even thought I could try it.  I am a doofy awkward clod - I knew there was no way I could keep up with a step class.  I have no coordination!  I looked like a drunk gazelle amongst swans.  Won't be doing that again - I'll stick to the elliptical and the bike and do my solitary workouts in peace.  

On the bright side, um, hmm ... ok, maybe one of the BufBloPoFo rules should be "do not blog while cranky" because I seem to be only complaining.  Hopefully tomorrow's post will find me able to breathe through my nose and hear out of my left ear again.  

At least a my computer doesn't want a sandwich from me right now.  (See The Daily Blurb ...)

2 comments:

Patty said...

Hope you feel better. I also loved The Other Boleyn Girl...all her books are great. Blogging why cranky came out very honest and entertaining.

- A fellow memeber of BufBloPoFo.

Marcy Mahoney said...

Thanks! I strive to at least entertain when I complain. Lemonade out of lemons, right? Or better, Lemon meringue pie!

I read "The Queen's Fool" by Phillipa Gregory also, and I loved it. I'm trying to decide which of her books to pick up next. Any suggestions?